A Two-Day workshop on Quality Assurance in Engineering Education through OBE was organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of SJEC on 30-31 January 2017 at Spoorthi Seminar Hall in the 7th Floor of Academic Block III.
The workshop began with a brief inaugural ceremony. The Vice Principal and Chairperson of IQAC, Dr Rio D’Souza, welcomed the gathering. Further, he gave an overview of the workshop to all the participants. Dr Joseph Gonsalvis, Principal of SJEC spoke about the importance of quality assurance in engineering education. Rev. Fr Joseph Lobo, Director of SJEC in his presidential address expressed his concern on the quality of Engineering Education in general, and encouraged the participation of faculty to enhance the same. Dr Shreeranga Bhat, coordinator of the workshop proposed the vote of thanks, while Ms Ramya, Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering compered the ceremony.
A total of 50 delegates participated in this workshop.
The Workshop was spread over 8 sessions on the following topics.
1. Overview OBE, Necessity for adaptation, Concepts of OBE
2. PEOs, POs, PSOs, and Bloom’s taxonomy
3. Curriculum Gap analysis, and Benchmarking the teaching learning practices.
4. Writing Course Outcomes; Course Articulation Matrix; Considering taxonomies, Program articulation matrix; CO- PO mapping
5. Learning styles and Designing activities for effective attainment of COs and POs
6. Course Assessment, Programme Assessment and attainment
7. Overview of NBA-OBE requirements
8. Continuous improvement by Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
NCSCC-17, a two days National Conference on Smart Computing and Control, jointly organized by ...READ MORE
The Department of Civil Engineering at SJEC organised a Two Days Workshop on STAAD.Pro on 28th and...READ MORE
The Bishop of Mangalore, Most Rev. Dr Aloysius Paul D’Souza has appointed Rev. Fr Wilfred Prakash ...READ MORE
CIPHER, the Students’ Association of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at SJEC, f...READ MORE
The Industry Interaction Cell of Mechanical Engineering Department organized a one-day Industrial ...READ MORE
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering conducted its annual Academic Project E...READ MORE