A Two-Day workshop on Quality Assurance in Engineering Education through OBE was organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of SJEC on 30-31 January 2017 at Spoorthi Seminar Hall in the 7th Floor of Academic Block III.
The workshop began with a brief inaugural ceremony. The Vice Principal and Chairperson of IQAC, Dr Rio D’Souza, welcomed the gathering. Further, he gave an overview of the workshop to all the participants. Dr Joseph Gonsalvis, Principal of SJEC spoke about the importance of quality assurance in engineering education. Rev. Fr Joseph Lobo, Director of SJEC in his presidential address expressed his concern on the quality of Engineering Education in general, and encouraged the participation of faculty to enhance the same. Dr Shreeranga Bhat, coordinator of the workshop proposed the vote of thanks, while Ms Ramya, Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering compered the ceremony.
A total of 50 delegates participated in this workshop.
The Workshop was spread over 8 sessions on the following topics.
1. Overview OBE, Necessity for adaptation, Concepts of OBE
2. PEOs, POs, PSOs, and Bloom’s taxonomy
3. Curriculum Gap analysis, and Benchmarking the teaching learning practices.
4. Writing Course Outcomes; Course Articulation Matrix; Considering taxonomies, Program articulation matrix; CO- PO mapping
5. Learning styles and Designing activities for effective attainment of COs and POs
6. Course Assessment, Programme Assessment and attainment
7. Overview of NBA-OBE requirements
8. Continuous improvement by Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
St Joseph Engineering College – Mangaluru celebrated its sixteenth College Day on 23 February 2018...READ MORE
TIARA 2018, the two-day annual National Level Technical Fest at SJEC was inaugurated on 21 February...READ MORE
Commemorating the seventeenth anniversary of laying the foundation stone of SJEC, the annual Founda...READ MORE
A two-day workshop on ‘Machine Learning and Big data Analytics’ was organized by the IEEE SJEC stu...READ MORE
A two-day workshop on ‘Basics of Python Programming Language’ was organized for the stud...READ MORE
On 16th December 2017, the first year students from the Department of Business Admin...READ MORE
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering organized ...READ MORE