A Two-Day workshop on Quality Assurance in Engineering Education through OBE was organized by the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of SJEC on 30-31 January 2017 at Spoorthi Seminar Hall in the 7th Floor of Academic Block III.
The workshop began with a brief inaugural ceremony. The Vice Principal and Chairperson of IQAC, Dr Rio D’Souza, welcomed the gathering. Further, he gave an overview of the workshop to all the participants. Dr Joseph Gonsalvis, Principal of SJEC spoke about the importance of quality assurance in engineering education. Rev. Fr Joseph Lobo, Director of SJEC in his presidential address expressed his concern on the quality of Engineering Education in general, and encouraged the participation of faculty to enhance the same. Dr Shreeranga Bhat, coordinator of the workshop proposed the vote of thanks, while Ms Ramya, Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering compered the ceremony.
A total of 50 delegates participated in this workshop.
The Workshop was spread over 8 sessions on the following topics.
1. Overview OBE, Necessity for adaptation, Concepts of OBE
2. PEOs, POs, PSOs, and Bloom’s taxonomy
3. Curriculum Gap analysis, and Benchmarking the teaching learning practices.
4. Writing Course Outcomes; Course Articulation Matrix; Considering taxonomies, Program articulation matrix; CO- PO mapping
5. Learning styles and Designing activities for effective attainment of COs and POs
6. Course Assessment, Programme Assessment and attainment
7. Overview of NBA-OBE requirements
8. Continuous improvement by Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
NCACSP-2017, The Fifth Edition of National Conference on Advances in Communication and Signal Proce...READ MORE
This year’s Independence Day was celebrated with great fervour at SJEC. Students, Faculty, Sta...READ MORE
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at St Joseph Engineering College – Vamanjoor, Mangaluru or...READ MORE
The biggest Tax reform in our country - GST having become a reality, has tremendous implicat...READ MORE
The Inauguration of Classes for First Year B.E., for the academic year 2017-2018, at St Joseph Engi...READ MORE
The Third Edition of eTIME-2016: FDP and National Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engin...READ MORE
A tutorial on Internet of Things IoT and Smart Environments by TCS – Bengaluru was organised at SJ...READ MORE