A total of 42 students from 2nd and 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering at SJEC along with two faculty members participated in a one-day industrial visit to TVS Motor Co. Ltd, Hosur on 28th March 2017.
The Team left Mangalore on 27th March 2017 at 10.00 PM and reached Bangalore on 28th March 2017 at 5.30 AM. The team first visited HAL Heritage Centre and Museum at 9.00 AM. It had a large collection of old fighter aircrafts and engines, which HAL has manufactured and developed for the past 77 years. It was an amazing experience for students to watch the jet aircrafts and engines. There was also an Audio-Visual presentation and photo gallery, which depicted the history and growth of HAL.
The Visit to TVS was scheduled for 2.00 PM. Mr Shyam Kumar P, Industrial Visit Coordinator welcomed the team and handled the visit. Some of the highlights of the visit are as follows.
1. TVS has 65 companies under its title and the plant at Hosur is called the Mother Plant. It is the biggest plant spread over 370 acres, employs approx. 11,000 employees and produces all kinds of two wheelers and three wheelers including export also.
2. There are 4 plants. Two plants for Motorcycle production, One for Scooters and Mopeds and last one for three wheelers.
3. The team visited plant no. 4 where all the Motor cycles were manufactured.
4. Total production capacity of the plant is 1800 motorcycles per day. It included TVS Star City, Victor, Sports and Apache.
5. TVS is also producing bikes which are exported to Africa and South East Asian Countries.
6. It has collaborated with BMW and producing two motorcycles, G3 and Akula. G3 is for Germany market and Akula for Indian market. Both are powered by 350 CC engines.
7. Students were able to learn and understand concepts like Automation, Practice of TQM in industries, Robotics, Assembly Process, CNC Machining, Importance of Design, Drawings and Dimensions and Work Ethics.
The Visit ended at 5:00 PM and left Bangalore at 9.30 pm reaching Mangalore on 29th March 2017 at 5:00 AM.
The Twelfth Graduation Ceremony at SJEC was held on 11th November 2017 in the SJEC Open Air Stage....READ MORE
The student association CIPHER of the Department of Computer Science & Engineering organize...READ MORE
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering celebrated Engineers Day on the 27th of Oct...READ MORE
The Inauguration of the Electrical & Electronics Student Association (EELS) was held on 25th O...READ MORE
The EELS association conducted a technical talk on the topic ‘Building Information Modeling [BIM]-F...READ MORE
The Department of Business Administration organized an industrial visit to Mangalore Chemical...READ MORE