The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of SJEC organized an one-day industrial visit to Karavali Switch Gears Pvt. Ltd, Baikampady, on 20th May 2017 for 8th Semester Electrical Engineering students. The aim of the visit was to understand the various processes that are undertaken in the manufacture of control panels and switch gears. This activity also aimed at providing an insight to start-up aspirants in the area of LT panel manufacturing. Mr Shrinivas, Engineer at the industry offered the guidance at the industrial site. Karavali Switch Gears is a manufacturer of switch gears and control boards in Dakshina Kannada. The industry mainly deals with Electrical Control Panels, Distribution Boards and Motor Control Boards.
Knowledge Gained by students: After completion of the visit the students have got an idea about:
· Fabrication process of the mechanical structure into which the control panels fit.
· Design of the control panels with regard to the consumer requirement (space availability, cost etc.).
· Appropriate selection of circuit breakers, relays etc. as per load requirement.
· Overall assembly of the control panels and its testing.
· Various types of control panels like manual controlled, micro-controller based etc.
· Various steps to be undertaken in setting up an electrical assembly based industry.
Mr Deepesh Kanchan, Assistant Professor in the Department coordinated the visit.
A tutorial on Internet of Things IoT and Smart Environments by TCS – Bengaluru was organised at SJ...READ MORE
NCSCC-17, a two days National Conference on Smart Computing and Control, jointly organized by ...READ MORE
The Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Com...READ MORE
The Department of Civil Engineering at SJEC organised a Two Days Workshop on STAAD.Pro on 28th and...READ MORE
The Bishop of Mangalore, Most Rev. Dr Aloysius Paul D’Souza has appointed Rev. Fr Wilfred Prakash ...READ MORE
A 10 Days FDP on Power and Energy Systems was organized by the Department of Electrical and Electro...READ MORE