The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of SJEC organized an one-day industrial visit to Karavali Switch Gears Pvt. Ltd, Baikampady, on 20th May 2017 for 8th Semester Electrical Engineering students. The aim of the visit was to understand the various processes that are undertaken in the manufacture of control panels and switch gears. This activity also aimed at providing an insight to start-up aspirants in the area of LT panel manufacturing. Mr Shrinivas, Engineer at the industry offered the guidance at the industrial site. Karavali Switch Gears is a manufacturer of switch gears and control boards in Dakshina Kannada. The industry mainly deals with Electrical Control Panels, Distribution Boards and Motor Control Boards.
Knowledge Gained by students: After completion of the visit the students have got an idea about:
· Fabrication process of the mechanical structure into which the control panels fit.
· Design of the control panels with regard to the consumer requirement (space availability, cost etc.).
· Appropriate selection of circuit breakers, relays etc. as per load requirement.
· Overall assembly of the control panels and its testing.
· Various types of control panels like manual controlled, micro-controller based etc.
· Various steps to be undertaken in setting up an electrical assembly based industry.
Mr Deepesh Kanchan, Assistant Professor in the Department coordinated the visit.
The Industry Interaction Cell of Mechanical Engineering organized one day Industrial visit for sec...READ MORE
The inaugural ceremony of Genesis, A Forum of MBA students, SJEC for the academ...READ MORE
Parent teachers meeting of first year BE students was held on 27th October 2018, at 2:00p...READ MORE
A one-day workshop on the topic IP Security was conducted by CIPHER- student association and IIEDC...READ MORE
Motivational talk was organized by the Civil Engineering Students Association - NIRMAN on ...READ MORE
A Two Day Management Development Program (MDP) on Contract Management was organized by the De...READ MORE