The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of SJEC organized an one-day industrial visit to Karavali Switch Gears Pvt. Ltd, Baikampady, on 20th May 2017 for 8th Semester Electrical Engineering students. The aim of the visit was to understand the various processes that are undertaken in the manufacture of control panels and switch gears. This activity also aimed at providing an insight to start-up aspirants in the area of LT panel manufacturing. Mr Shrinivas, Engineer at the industry offered the guidance at the industrial site. Karavali Switch Gears is a manufacturer of switch gears and control boards in Dakshina Kannada. The industry mainly deals with Electrical Control Panels, Distribution Boards and Motor Control Boards.
Knowledge Gained by students: After completion of the visit the students have got an idea about:
· Fabrication process of the mechanical structure into which the control panels fit.
· Design of the control panels with regard to the consumer requirement (space availability, cost etc.).
· Appropriate selection of circuit breakers, relays etc. as per load requirement.
· Overall assembly of the control panels and its testing.
· Various types of control panels like manual controlled, micro-controller based etc.
· Various steps to be undertaken in setting up an electrical assembly based industry.
Mr Deepesh Kanchan, Assistant Professor in the Department coordinated the visit.
Rains gave way as SJEC welcomed India’s 72nd Independence Day with its traditional celebrations hel...READ MORE
The Library Advisory Committee of SJEC in collaboration with Institution of Engineers (India)-SJEC,...READ MORE
SAEINDIA SJEC Collegiate Club in association with Centre of Excellence in Aerospace and Defen...READ MORE
The Department of Civil Engineering at SJEC organized a Two-Day Workshop on Revit Architecture on 9...READ MORE
A 3-day FEEL (Felicitating Excellence in Effective Leadership) TEACHER Learning and Development In...READ MORE
The Inaugural Ceremony of the First International Conference on Smart Computing, Communication and ...READ MORE