The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of SJEC organized an one-day industrial visit to Karavali Switch Gears Pvt. Ltd, Baikampady, on 20th May 2017 for 8th Semester Electrical Engineering students. The aim of the visit was to understand the various processes that are undertaken in the manufacture of control panels and switch gears. This activity also aimed at providing an insight to start-up aspirants in the area of LT panel manufacturing. Mr Shrinivas, Engineer at the industry offered the guidance at the industrial site. Karavali Switch Gears is a manufacturer of switch gears and control boards in Dakshina Kannada. The industry mainly deals with Electrical Control Panels, Distribution Boards and Motor Control Boards.
Knowledge Gained by students: After completion of the visit the students have got an idea about:
· Fabrication process of the mechanical structure into which the control panels fit.
· Design of the control panels with regard to the consumer requirement (space availability, cost etc.).
· Appropriate selection of circuit breakers, relays etc. as per load requirement.
· Overall assembly of the control panels and its testing.
· Various types of control panels like manual controlled, micro-controller based etc.
· Various steps to be undertaken in setting up an electrical assembly based industry.
Mr Deepesh Kanchan, Assistant Professor in the Department coordinated the visit.
Commemorating the seventeenth anniversary of laying the foundation stone of SJEC, the annual Founda...READ MORE
A two-day workshop on ‘Machine Learning and Big data Analytics’ was organized by the IEEE SJEC stu...READ MORE
A two-day workshop on ‘Basics of Python Programming Language’ was organized for the stud...READ MORE
On 16th December 2017, the first year students from the Department of Business Admin...READ MORE
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering organized ...READ MORE
A half-day workshop on public speaking was organized by the Department of Business Administrat...READ MORE