Power Electronic Semiconductor Devices Using ICs, Modelling
& Simulation of Power Electronic Devices, Real Time Embedded Systems
Power Electronics, Bio-Medical, Electric Drives
Team Work, Communication, Counselling
1. Published a paper titled "Functional Electrical Stimulation For Neuro Rehabilitation- A new Design Paradigm" in NUJHS vol.2, No. 3, September 2012.
Kanakabettu AKM, Mahadevappa M. Functional electrical stimulation for stoke
rehabilitation. Med. Hypotheses 2012; First published online: Feb 28, 2012,
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2012.01.027. (An Elsevier journal available in
Pinto APJ, Kanakabettu AKM, Arya BK, Mahadevappa M. Surface electrical
stimulation technology for stroke rehabilitation: A review of 50 years of
research. J. Med. Imaging Health Inf. 2012, 2(1):1-14.
(An American Scientific Publisher journal available in IngentaConnect).
Mudhol A. An innovative device to predict acute hypotension episodes in
critically ill patients: Hypothesis and prototype development. Med. Hypotheses
2012; First published online: 29 March 2012,
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mehy.2012.03.004. (An Elsevier journal available in
Subramanya K, Mohapatra J. Kumar R, Prasad H, Mahadevappa M. Surface EMG
Analysis and Changes in Gait following Electrical Stimulation of Quadriceps
Femoris and Tibialis Anterior in Children with Spastic Cerebral Palsy.
Presented on 34th Annual International
IEEE EMBS Conference, San Diego, USA (Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, 2012).
Subramanya K, P.K.Lenka, Mahadevappa M. A simple Mod3el for Bedside Evaluation
of Current for Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation In Cerebral Palsy Presented
on 2013 IEEE PHT Conference, Bangalore (16-18 January 2013).
Vishnuprasada V Bhat
device for monitoring galvanic skin response to accurately predict changes in
blood pressure indexes and cardiovascular dynamics
presentation at 2013 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), Published in IEEE
Published a paper titled "A Unique Variable Voltage Quadruple Boost Converter with lesser Voltage Stress on Switch" in IJIREEICE, NITTE Vol. 4, Special Issue 2 April 2016.
Books Published Details
Published a chapter named "Electrical Stimulation Devices for Cerebral Palsy: Design Considerations, Therapeutic Effects, and Future Directions" in a text book "Advances in Therapeutic Engineering"
Papers Presented in National Conference
1.Presented a paper titled "A Unique Variable Voltage Quadruple Boost
Converter with lesser Voltage Stress on Switch" in NCAEE-2016,Nitte from 11th & 12th April 2016
Papers Presented in Interational Conference
1. Presented a paper titled "Design of a Programmable Flyback based FES System for Restoring Foot Drop in Stroke Rehabilitation" in IEEE INDICON-2015 at New Delhi from 17th – 20th December 2015.
2. Presented a paper titled "Development of a wearable device for monitoring electrodermal activity and predicting changes in different blood pressure indexes" in IEEE EMBC-2013, from 3-7th
3. Presented a paper titled "A wearable device for monitoring galvanic skin response to accurately predict changes in blood pressure indexes and cardiovascular dynamics" in IEEE INDICON-2013, from 13-15th December 2013.
4. Presented a paper titled" A Simple Model for Beside Evaluation of Current for Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation in Cerebral Palsy" in
5. Presented a paper titled "Surface EMG Analysis and Changes in Gait following Electrical Stimulation of Quadriceps Femoris and Tibialis Anterior in Children with Spastic Cerebral Palsy" in IEEE EMBS from 28th August to 1st September 2012
Name of the Workshop/Seminar:Renewable & New Energy Systems
Date & Venue: June 14-15th 2016, SJEC
Organized by: E&E, SJEC
Number of academic projects guided (UG)
Number of academic projects guided (PG)
Details of membership in Professional bodies
Organization: IEEE and Power Electronics Society (IEEE PELS)