Degree : B.E.
Year : 1999
University : Mangalore University
PG Degree : M.Tech.
Year : 2005
University : V.T.U.
Doctoral Degree : Wear Performance Study of Polymer Matrix Composites
Year : 2015
University : V.T.U.
From 18th Aug 2005 to till date
Institution: St. Joseph Engineering College, Mangalore
Designation: Associate Professor
Period: Sept 1999 to July 2002
Department: Quality Control
Organization: M/s Karnataka Plascom Engineers Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
Designation: Quality Control Engineer
Computer Aided Engineering Drawing, Computer Aided Machine Drawing, Strength/Mechanics of Materials, Design of Machine Elements, CAD/CAM/CIM, Manufacturing Process-III, Finite Element Method, Composite Materials, Materials Testing Lab, Computational Analysis (ANSYS) Lab. CIM & Automation lab, Design lab Etc.
Finite element analysis, Automation and computer integrated manufacturing,Advanced materials technology, Linear and non-linear analysis lab using ANSYS, M.Tech Design lab -I and M.Tech Design lab-II
Fabrication and testing of polymer composites, Application of finite element techniques in solving mechanical engineering problems
Modeling software: Solid Edge and AutoCAD
Analysis software: ANSYS and NASTRAN
Simulation software: CADEM and MasterCAM
. Sudheer M, SandeshKubanooraya, Raju K and ThirumaleshwaraBhat, “Abrasive wear performance of Epoxy/Glass/PTW composites”, Annual Research Journal, NMAM Institute of Technology, Vol. 3, 2013, pp. 36-42.
. Sudheer M, “Implementation of Taguchi Design for Dry Friction Coefficient of Epoxy Composites”, Annual Research Journal, NMAM Institute of Technology, Vol. 4, 2014, pp. 24-29.
. M. Sudheer, K. M. Subbaya , Dayananda Jawali, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Mechanical Properties of Potassium Titanate Whisker Reinforced Epoxy Resin Composites”, Journal of Minerals & Materials Characterization & Engineering, Vol. 11, No.2 pp.193-211, 2012.
. M. Sudheer, Ravikantha Prabhu, K. Raju, Thirumaleshwara Bhat ”Optimization of Dry Sliding Wear Performance of Ceramic Whisker Filled Epoxy Composites Using Taguchi Approach”, Advances in Tribology, Volume 2012, Article ID 431903, 9 pages, (Indexed by scopus).
. M. Sudheer, G. Vignesh Shanbhag, Prashanth Kumar and Shashiraj Somayaji, “Finite Element Analysis of Thermal Characteristics of Annular Fins With Different Profiles”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences (ISSN 1819-6608), Vol. 7, No. 6, June 2012, pp. 750-759. (Indexed by scopus)
. M. Sudheer, Ravikantha Prabhu, K. Raju, and Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Modeling and Analysis for Wear Performance in Dry Sliding of Epoxy/Glass/PTW Composites Using Full Factorial Techniques,” ISRN Tribology, vol. 2013, Article ID 624813, 11 pages, 2013.
. M. Sudheer, N. Karthik Madhyastha, M. Kewin Amanna, B. Jonthan, and K. Mayur Jayaprakash, “Mechanical and Abrasive Wear Behavior of Metal Sulphide Lubricant Filled Epoxy Composites,” ISRN Polymer Science, vol. 2013, Article ID 242450, 8 pages, 2013.
. M. Sudheer, K.H. Vishwanathan, K. Raju, and Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Effect of potassium titanate whiskers on the performance of vacuum molded glass/epoxy composites”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Vol. 32, No. 16, 2013 pp. 1177-1187. (2014 Impact factor 1.503)
. M. Sudheer, Ravikantha Prabhu, Kandavalli Raju, and Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Effect of filler content on the performance of Epoxy/PTW composites”, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 2014, Article ID 970468, 11 Pages, 2014, doi:10.1155/2014/970by 468. (Indexed by scopus), (2014 Impact factor 0.774)
. M. Sudheer, K. Hemanth, K. Raju, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Enhanced mechanical and wear performance of epoxy/glass composites with PTW/Graphite hybrid fillers”, Procedia Materials Science, Volume 6, 2014, pp. 975-987. (Indexed by Scopus).
. M. Sudheer, Ashwin Shetty, Shashiraj Somayaji, “Finite Element Investigations of Temperature Distribution in Fins with Circular Perforations”, American Journal of Materials Science 2015, 5(3C): 157-161.
. M. Sudheer, Pradyoth K. R, Shashiraj Somayaji, “Analytical and Numerical Validation of Epoxy/Glass Structural Composites for Elastic Models”, American Journal of Materials Science 2015, 5(3C): 162-168.
. Sudheer. M, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Friction and Wear of Polymer Composites: A Review”, A National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering (AIM-2011), MIT Manipal January 2011.
. Sudheer. M, Ravikantha Prabhu, Raju K, Thirumaleshwara Bhat,” Effect of Ceramic Micro-Whiskers on Tribo-Performance of Epoxy Resin Composites – A Taguchi Approach”, National Conference on Emerging Trends in Materials for Advanced Technology (NETMAT), at KVGCE Sullia ,Mar 20-21, 2012.
.Sudheer. M, Ravikantha Prabhu, Raju K, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Hybrid effect of ceramic whiskers and graphite flakes on mechanical and dry sliding performance of epoxy composites”, National Conference on Challenges in Research and Technology in Coming Decades (CRT-2013) at SDMIT, Ujire, Sept 27-28, 2013.
. M. Sudheer, Ashwin Shetty, Shashiraj Somayaji,“Finite Element Investigations of Temperature Distribution in Fins with Circular Perforations”, National Conference in Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (eTIME-2015), SJEC, Mangaluru, Aug 8, 2015.
. M. Sudheer, Pradyoth K. R, Shashiraj Somayaji, “Analytical and Numerical Validation of Epoxy/Glass Structural Composites for Elastic Models”, ”, National Conference in Emerging Trends in Mechanical Engineering (eTIME-2015), SJEC, Mangaluru, Aug 8, 2015.
. M. Sudheer, R Shankara Reddy and K S Shivakumar Aradhya, “Evaluation of Apparent Elastic Moduli for Muite/Alumina Ceramic Matrix Composites Using Finite Element Method, Proceedings of 50th Congress of ISTAM, December 14-17, 2005, IIT, Kharagpur.pp.192-199.
. Sudheer M and ThirumaleshwaraBhat, “Validation of Analytical Methods to Evaluate Elastic Properties of Mulite/Alumina Ceramic Matrix Composites Using Finite Element Method”, Presented in International Conference on Advances in Manufacturing Engineering held during 24-26 October 2007 at MIT Manipal.
. Sudheer M, K M Subbaya, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Processing and characterization of potassium titanate whisker reinforced epoxy based polymer matrix composites”, Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Advanced Materials (ICAM-2011), 19-20th Aug 2011, BTLIT, Bangalore pp. 111-116.
. Sudheer.M, Ravikantha Prabhu, Raju K, Thirumaleshwara Bhat,”Dry Sliding Wear behavior of Potassium Titanate Whisker Reinforced Epoxy Based Polymer Matrix Composites”, Presented at International Multi-component Polymer Conference (IMPC-2012), 23-25th March 2012,Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.
. Sudheer M, Sandesh Kubanooraya, Raju K, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Abrasive Wear Performance of Epoxy/Glass/PTW Composites”, Proceedings of International Conference in Emerging Trends in Engineering (ICETE 2013),15-16th May 2013, NMAMIT Nitte, Excel India Publishers (ISBN: 978-93-82880-29-5), New Delhi, pp.123-127.
This paper has won the “Best Paper Award” in Mechanical Engineering stream.
. Suhas U, Balakrishna S.S, Sudheer M, “Processing and characterization of grey cast iron-epoxy polymer composites”, Proceedings of International Conference on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering”, (ICMIE) Bangalore, 02-June -2013, pp. 25-29.
. M. Sudheer, K. Hemanth, K. Raju, Thirumaleshwara Bhat, “Enhanced mechanical and wear performance of epoxy/glass composites with PTW/Graphite hybrid fillers”, 3rd International Conference on Materials Processing and Characterisation (ICMPC 2014), Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology (GRIET), Hyderabad, 8-9th March 2014.
UG : 15
PG : 4
1. AICTE sponsored Two weeks Staff Development Program (SDP) on Advanced Manufacturing Technique (AMT) conducted by Mechanical Engineering Department, PESCollege of Engineering Mandya during 09-02-2004 to 20-02-2004.
2. AICTE – ISTE sponsored Short Term Training Program (STTP) on Biomass Power – Current Scenario and Future Projection conducted by Mechanical Engineering Department, PES College of Engineering Mandya during 15-04-2004 to 26-04-2004.
3. Two-Day Workshop on Smart Materials and Structures (SMAS-2006) conducted by Department of Mechanical Engineering, BMS College of Engineering Bangalore on 7th and 8th September 2006.
4. DST New Delhi sponsored Faculty Development Program (FDP) conducted by NITK-STEP Surathkal from 24th July 2006 to 4th August 2006.
5. AICTE sponsored Two weeks Staff Development Program (SDP) on Applied Computational Methods in Mechanical Engineering Design organized by Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, MIT Manipal during June 18-29, 2007.
6. VTU organized training on ‘Computer Aided Modeling and Analysis Laboratory’ held at MCE, Hassan during 4-8th Feb. 2009.
7. A workshop on ‘Common NDT Techniques’ organized by mechanical engineering department at SJEC Mangalore from 15-16, May 2009.
8. A workshop on ‘Research Methodologies and Report Writing’ organized by VTU Belgaum, held at GIT Belgaum during 25-26th May 2009.
9. AICTE-ISTE sponsored workshop on ‘Advances in CNC Machine Tool Design and Research’ held at NITK Surathkal during 13-17th July 2009.
10. A training program on ‘CIM and Automation Lab’ held at NMAMIT Nitte, 15-17th Sept 2009.
11. Three day workshop on “ Condition monitoring and maintenance of machinery” held at NMAMIT Nitte, 5-7th June 2014.
12. One day workshop on “Conduction of PG mechanical engineering labs” held on 10th Oct 2014 at VTU regional office Bangalore.
13.One day workshop on “Mission Make in India: Synergy with Technical Education System” held on 3rd Oct 2015 at NITK, Surathkal.
13. Two-day workshop on “Plagiarism” held on 16th and 17th Oct 2015 at VTU-Regional Office, Bangalore.
Second rank in M.Tech (CIM) under VTU, Belgaum during 2005
Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE). LM 47191.
Life member of Tribology Society of India (TSI). LM 5164
1. Evaluator for a state level inter collegiate student technical fest ENVISION-10, held at Srinivas Institute of Technology, Mangalore on 26th Feb 2010.
2. Delivered a lecture on “Computer Aided Engineering and its Applications” for UG and PG students of Mechanical Engineering on 30th Oct 2012 (2-4 pm) at Alva’s institute of Engineering and Technology, Moodbidri.
3. Contributed as Judge during EXPRO 2014 (Final year students’ project exhibition and competition) held at NMAM Institute of Technology Nitte on 19th April 2014.
4. Chaired the session of Technical paper presentation in Chakravyuh-15, National level techno-cultural fest held at Alva’s institute of Engineering and Technology, Moodbidri on 13th April 2015.
5. Served as Judge for Project exhibition “Innovation -2015” held on 15th May 2015 at Mangalore Institute of Technology & Engineering Moodbidri.
6. Member of Board of Examiner (BOE) for M.Tech in Machine Design at NMAMIT, Nitte
Reviewed research articles for following 8 Journals:
Journal of Polymer Engineering, Recent Patents in Mechanical Engineering, International Journal of Material Science, Emerging Materials Research, Journal of Composite Materials, American Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, Indian Journal of Engineering and Materials Sciences.
NOTE: Member of Governing Council of SJEC from 2015 to 2018.